Monday, September 15, 2008

All hail the mighty wombat...




Maybe you knew what a wombat looked like already, but I just discovered him yesterday. I knew there was such a thing as a wombat, but I didn't really have a clear idea of what he looked like. Maybe a rodent, or a relative of the kangaroo. Now, he's basically my favourite animal. I mean, look at him. There is a koala sanctuary in Sydney where you can hold him and tell him you love him. I think you know where I'll be spending my next free weekend...

Spring has sprung here in Sydney. The last three days in a row have been warm enough to skip the jacket/sweatshirt, and although today is a little cooler, it's still decidedly bearable.

Eric and I got our first electricity bill, which included about 40 days for the bargain price of $90. Given that we don't have heat or air, and we've run our little electric heater for a total of about an hour, I'd say electricity is pretty pricey here.

No comments: